June 21, 2014

plan(t)s

It's quite funny (not really) how things don't always go as planned. If you read any of the posts before this, you'd know I was going to my best friend's house for the first time since summer started 5 weeks ago. Last time, I couldn't go because we both forgot it was Father's Day on Sunday. This time, I couldn't go because I fell, hard. My mom and I were picking up my little brother from camp on Wednesday and he and I started a little 'catch me if you can' kind of game. I was running too fast so when I leaned forward my leg kind of just spazzed and I landed on my knees on hard, pointy pavement. My right knee suffered more of a burn and cuts, whereas my left knee got deep wounds. I have never fallen like that, I always fall on my arms or on my butt, always indoors. Never outdoors oh-so badly. I spent 2 days walking like a crab gradually walking like penguin.

Fun Fact: Earlier the day it happened, I was complaining my knee hurt and that my leg felt weird. (Yes, I am a witch.)

So obviously, I didn't think I could bike, or walk for that matter, to a park or really do anything fun this weekend with my best friend. I tried to heal my knees faster but they just got worse (now better). Hopefully, next week/end, we could actually ride our bikes or something.

Is it weird I like over-planning things, not following the plans I just made and being spontaneous? I do that the most with trips, it's fun.


One of my best friends, Adriana, is having a surprise party thrown for her on Saturday. My mom has had plans for that exact Saturday for weeks now but how am I supposed to miss something like that?! I already missed her graduation, and surprise parties are so fun. I really hope my mom feels sorry for me for not having plans for the past 5 weeks.

EDC Puerto Rico is probably going to be on September 12 and 13, which means I have about 3 months to convince my mom to let me go. She's really easy-going, and she has watched(and liked) videos and aftermovies of other music events before. But what would she do when her daughter asks to go to one? This requires a multi-week plan, or maybe a text when I'm really far away. I hate being told 'no'. It's just a horrible feeling wanting something and then with 2 letters being turned down about the idea of having it.

That is all for now I guess.

Sincerely yours,
-gc(v)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope everything turns out positively for you, and that you eventually get to meet up with your best friend, and attend your friend's surprise party! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you; for both reading this and commenting such nice things! -gc(v)

    ReplyDelete