June 21, 2014

42-42-564

Recently, I started binge-watching/reading anime/manga. On Monday night I started watching Soul Eater, I finished it on Wednesday morning. It was so awesome, the characters, the plot, (the ships), everything. I obviously regretted not reading the manga before watching the anime but I'm still reading it anyways. I also started Sword Art Online, which a friend has been telling me to watch for months and I finally did so and I'm almost done and I don't want it to end. (THE SAO OPENING SONG GIVES ME LIFE)

Though, Soul Eater is not the first anime and manga I've ever watched and read. The first anime I ever watched was actually Girls Bravo and if anyone asked me, I would admit it with no shame. Though good thing no one ever does because then I'd have to explain it's not always like in the Google Images searches. The first manga I ever read was Uzumaki by Junji Ito and it seriously changed my life. I believe Junji Ito to be a genius, and his admiration for Lovecraft is noticeable in his work, which makes me love his work even more. After that I read Tomie, obviously, it was amazing. Then I read Yami no Koe, which contained 7 stories, Glyceride being one of my favorites for how disgusting it was. After, I read Black Paradox, and so on. After all that, my favorite was still Uzumaki (though a lot are tied in second place). It's a brilliant manga and the ending was one of the best things I've ever read.


I actually mainly watch/read shonen anime/manga. (Shonen is basically targeted at boys). But that doesn't mean I don't find 74986543 ships to ship. And there's nothing better than shipping ships, and nothing better than your ship actually being canon.

I could honestly blab about how much I am loving all these anime and manga, but I'll leave that for other times. I am trying to convince my best friend to watch at least one episode of anything but she never tells me she will. Knowing her, she will watch it in 2 years. For now I have the friend who recommended me SAO to fangirl with, and a friend who's ship isn't canon to fangirl over my un-canon ships.

I have a list of around 30 anime and manga to watch/read. Good thing it's only midsummer.

Sincerely yours,
-gc(v)

P.S.: The title of this post is the Shinigami's phone number in Soul Eater. When Maka wrote the number on a mirror saying  '42-42564, whenever you want to knock on Death's door.' in the first episode made me love the idea so much for some reason. 42-42-564 literally means die-die-kill. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment