July 29, 2014

my life ends in 14 days

School starts in fourteen days and I feel everything is out of control.

My mom has been sick for a week now, to the point she's bedridden. To prevent getting sick myself, I've been locked in my room eating Hot Pockets and watching cosplay panels. Due to my mom being sick for a week, I only have two weeks left to get my school supplies. But how do I do that when she's still bedridden? I don't even have one notebook, led alone the books. Heck, I don't even have a backpack for either of those things.

Also, I'm not pretty yet! Wikihow doesn't have articles on how to be pretty in two weeks! (Do they? I'll get onto that.) A brush hasn't touched my hair in d a y s, I haven't shaved my legs in d a y s, I haven't seen sunlight other than from my window after staying up all night in d a y s. I'm literally a mess. I haven't even worn pants in 2 weeks, not that I'm complaining about that. But preparing for the school year (especially when it's my first year of high school, in my country high school starts in 10th grade) requires re-dyeing my hair since I've done my best to wash it all out this month, do my eyebrows, remember a natural makeup routine and all that stuff I haven't done this month out of pure laziness. 

I'm expecting this year to not be so horrible though. I'm still deciding if I'm going to stay in the drama club or not, I love it but it's so time-consuming and sometimes I have more productive and important things to carry on with.

I also need to get my sleeping schedule back on track. I go to sleep at 8, 9, 10am to wake up at 5pm, to take a nap from 9pm until 12pm. That's messed up.

All in all, I'm nervous. It's my first year of high school for crying out loud. Maybe I qualify as a sophomore in the USA but here, I'm not. If I thought 9th grade was one heck of a ride I can't imagine these next 3 years.

I'll leave it here in case you are re-living high school traumas reading this.

Peace, love, empathy,
-gc(v)

No comments:

Post a Comment