July 29, 2014

uncalled for hiatus

I haven't updated my blog in forever (about three weeks). It's not that I didn't want to update it, I was just busy letting SnK take over my life. What is SnK? Well fellas, it's an anime. Shingeki no Kyojin, better known in the states as Attack on Titan, is the best thing I've ever laid eyes on. I won't get into details on what it's about, but I will give you some information on it:

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans.  
Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a colossal titan that appears out of thin air. As the smaller titans flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single titan and take revenge for all of mankind. - (From MyAnimeList.net's Shingeki no Kyojin page)
After Eren makes that vow, the story continues five years later, as he trains in the military to fight said titans. Oh but that's not all, the amount of plot twists are unbelievable and it's only one 25-episode season. If you read the manga, it gets even better.

The story itself seems easy to explain, but everything that goes into it is so much more I can't find a way to put it into words. Ever since I joined the fandom, I had to make a separate Tumblr or else my main one would turn into a fanblog. (Now I spend more time on the "side fanblog" than on my "main" one, wow). I also have more reasons for going to multi-shipping hell.

I've had a writer's block for the past few months. I couldn't continue a book, I couldn't write poetry I liked, not even a short story for school. Which was weird, because I don't really put down my work even if it isn't professional. That block went away a couple of days ago, where I got inspired to write a fanfiction based on SnK. I probably won't publish it, but it's good enough for me. It's not a ship fanfiction, it's the events from the original SnK, based on a completely different OC's POV.

If you've put up with what I've written about SnK so far in this post, I love you. Once school starts my friends will be sick and tired about listening to me blab about SnK since they don't watch anime, like, at all. I only got Ginty to watch like 7 episodes of Soul Eater 2 months ago.

This post would be a lot longer if I could spoil everything about SnK. But for the sake of nobody, I won't.

Peace, love, empathy,
-gc(v)

P.S.: If you want to look up more information about SnK, don't. The amount of spoilers everywhere is incredible considering the manga is almost 5 years old and the anime is already a year old, so just watch the first episode if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment