July 7, 2014

there's so many groovy things to do

Oh, boy do I have a post for you. This Friday was the 4th of July. Now, I don't either live nor am from the USA. I'm born and raised (and still living) in Puerto Rico. But, since Puerto Rico is a colony, we still use it as an excuse for most people to have a day off from work, drink early, take out the grill and have a reunion wherever there's a usable pool. This year, my friends and I spent the 4th of July at my best friend Ginty's place. We stayed in the pool with both the sun and the moon. None of us got out (unless it was to eat) so none of us got any pictures whatsoever. Except Ginty's mom taking one but 2 days later she let her phone drop into the toilet so it's barely nonexistent already. All in all, it was a really fun night. Definitely the best night in my entire summer.

I stayed over Ginty's house the entire weekend (FINALLY!). On the 5th we slept in, had pizza for breakfast, went into the pool again, and then rented movies for the night. Ginty's parents picked 3, we picked 2. We watched one of her parent's picks, which was White House Down and it was honestly better than I expected. It takes a lot for me to like an action movie. After that her parents left us to watch our movies in the living room and we watched Ruby Sparks first. Let me tell you, if you haven't seen Ruby Sparks, watch it. I won't tell you what it's about, I'm not Google. But I can tell you it's perfect, and once you think about it, the meaning and the lessons and such, you will find it even more perfect if it were possible. After that we watched Ginger & Rosa, but we didn't get to the ending because it froze so we plan on finishing it soon, but so far, it has been simply outstanding. We fell asleep at almost 5am.

On the 6th, we slept in, thought still waking up earlier than the day before. We took a walk to a nearby bridge/lake and it was pretty beautiful. I, obviously, had my camera with me. I let Ginty take the pictures this time, so she isn't in any of them.



A girl takes a picture of a girl taking a picture.

Even though I'm home now, tomorrow we'll go biking. Not many pictures can be taking while biking but it'll sure be fun. 

Why does summer turn better when it's ending?

Sincerely yours,
-gc(v)

No comments:

Post a Comment